This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

PURPOSE FOR LIVING

For I live in eager expectation and hope that I will never do anything that causes me shame, but that I will always be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past, and that my life will always honor Christ, whether I live or I die. For to me, living is for Christ, and dying is even better. Yet if I live, that means fruitful service for Christ. I really don’t know which is better. I’m torn between two desires: Sometimes I want to live, and sometimes I long to go and be with Christ. That would be far better for me, but it is better for you that I live.
 
Philippians 1:20-24
 
TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK
 
In Touch - 04/11/06
 
The Apostle Paul settled the matter in his mind. Living for others benefit was his calling in life so he decided to live out his life: (1) being “bold for Christ”; (2) living in a way that would “always honor Christ”; and (3) give “fruitful service for Christ.” As long as you and I have breath in our bodies, we too should have these three as part of our purpose for living.

No comments: