This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Monday, May 29, 2006

ASKING GOD WHY

I will praise the LORD at all times. I will constantly speak his praises.
I will boast only in the LORD; let all who are discouraged take heart.
Come, let us tell of the LORD’S greatness; let us exalt his name together.
I prayed to the LORD, and he answered me, freeing me from all my fears.

Psalm 34:1-4

TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK

Upper Room - 05/29/06

Are you going through something? Are you in the midst of a trial and have no idea why? Do you want to cry out as the psalmist did?

O LORD, how long will you forget me? Forever? How long will you look the other way?
How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart every day?
How long will my enemy have the upper hand?  (Psalm 13:1-2)

To ask God why is to whisper a prayer. There is no disrespect is asking God these kind of questions as long as we remember that He is sovereign. He has a plan for you which He knows the outcome. You don’t. He has a purpose for every trial and will reveal that purpose according to His timing. God will respond to your question, “Why?” … in His time. It may not be today or tomorrow when He answers. Still you can trust Him while you wait for the answer.

No comments: