This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Monday, May 08, 2006

WHERE IS THE HARVEST?

My ambition has always been to preach the Good News where the name of Christ has never been heard, rather than where a church has already been started by someone else. I have been following the plan spoken of in the Scriptures, where it says, “Those who have never been told about him will see, and those who have never heard of him will understand.”

Romans 15:20-21

TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK

Upper Room - 05/08/06

When the prophet Isaiah spoke the words quoted by Paul in this passage, Jesus had not been born. His crucifixion and resurrection was only known to the Father. God’s plan for the salvation of sinful man had not been fully revealed. Today, the plan is available for all to hear and understand.

Growing up I learned that it was best not to discuss politics or religion in public. I cannot remember having discussions of faith among my playmates. As I think back, I guess I assumed that their faith life was the same as mine. We just didn’t talk about it. There were definitely no public declarations about being opposed to God. That is so different today. I suspect that the harvest for Christ is just as plentiful today, if not more, than it has ever been.

What is my point? Jesus calls us to lift up His name throughout the world. The harvest is ripe. Let us not ignore and miss the mission field that is in our own back yard. Jesus is tarrying but His return is sure. While we have opportunity, let us share the Good News with those who have not heard the Word and seen the Light.

No comments: