This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Thursday, May 18, 2006

BEING SURE-FOOTED

Thanks Kevin!

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. For who is God besides the LORD? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights.

2nd Samuel 22:31-34

TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK

In Touch - 05/18/06

Estes Park in the Rocky Mountain National Park is 7,500 feet above sea level. That is so high, at times you can view the clouds from the top instead of the bottom. The air is thin. The mountain tops are snow-capped. The sunset against this backdrop was magnificent. I saw a herd of deer on the side of the mountain. They maneuvered the mountainside with ease. God has given them feet to match the needs of their environment.

The author of 2nd Samuel, in describing the attributes of God (perfect, flawless, a shield, a refuge, unique, the Rock) says that the LORD enables us to be as sure-footed as the deer on the mountainside. We have the feet we need to step out in faith in a world that is dangerous and has paths that are littered with stumbling blocks. Just as He made the deer’s feet perfect for their environment, when I am made brand new by the Spirit of God, “he enables me to stand on the heights” in every situation I face. I have no reason to fear when I take the high ground.

No comments: