This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

SHAKING IN MY BOOTS

I trembled inside when I heard all this; my lips quivered with fear. My legs gave way beneath me, and I shook in terror. I will wait quietly for the coming day when disaster will strike the people who invade us. Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vine; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the LORD! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation. The Sovereign LORD is my strength! He will make me as surefooted as a deer and bring me safely over the mountains.

Habakkuk 3:16-19

TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK

Our Daily Bread - 05/24/06

What is it that makes you shake in your boots … makes you tremble … your lips quiver … your legs turn to rubber? We all probably had an experience pop into our memory when we felt like this. Maybe the thought is not something from the past but rather something we know we must surely face one day in the future.

Fear and trembling is a powerful spirit, a tool of Satan. “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” – 2nd Timothy 1:7.

In the spiritual battle when Satan attacks you with the spirit of fear, do as the prophet Habakkuk did. He responded to the attack with the spirit of joy.

No comments: