This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

THORNY GROUND

The thorny ground represents those who hear and accept the Good News, but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the cares of this life and the lure of wealth, so no crop is produced.

Matthews 13:22

TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK

My Utmost for His Highest - 05/23/06

Confession time … I worry.

Yes, I am guilty of worrying about how I will provide, not trusting in the provision of the LORD. I know what the Word says … He provides for the sparrow … surely He will provide for me. Yet I find myself anxious about this weeks gas prices … next months house note.

Oswald Chambers labels this worry as unbelief in today’s devotion. How convicting that is! Father, forgive me.

The cattle on a thousand hills belong to my Father. I will trust Him to provide for me and mine out of His abundance.

No comments: