This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Monday, May 01, 2006

THE FATHER'S GRIP

The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of the grave came upon me; I was overcome by trouble and sorrow. Then I called on the name of the LORD: “O LORD, save me!” The LORD is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion… For you, O LORD, have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before the LORD in the land of the living.
 
Psalm 116:3-5, 8-9
 
TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK
 
The Upper Room - 05/01/06
 
When a brother or sister turns to the LORD, it is as if they are ripped from the grip of Satan … “The cords of death entangled me…”
 
I praise God for the opportunity He gave me to work the Kairos this past weekend. Greater still was the blessing of seeing the Father rip (PRAISE GOD!!) several of the men from Satan’s grip and bring them to the saving knowledge and grace of Jesus Christ. Others returned to the faith of their youth, which they had walked away from, as they chased after the riches of the world. Others were touched by the love of Jesus and moved to change the way they were living. We pray still for their entry into the Kingdom.
 
Those ripped from Satan’s grip are now securely in the Father’s grip and no one can take them out of the Father’s hand (John 10:29).

No comments: