This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Monday, June 12, 2006

THE HOLY SPIRIT AS TEACHER

“Oh, there is so much more I want to tell you, but you can’t bear it now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not be presenting his own ideas; he will be telling you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future. He will bring me glory by revealing to you whatever he receives from me. All that the Father has is mine; this is what I mean when I say that the Spirit will reveal to you whatever he receives from me.”

John 16:12-15

TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK

Upper Room - 06/12/06

I was sharing with our youth yesterday the importance of giving a portion of their day to God. I asked them to read their Bible’s every day … five minutes … start with a small step. That led me to a discussion with them on what to do if they did not understand what they read.

I shared this passage of scripture and encouraged them to ask God for the aid of the Holy Spirit to get a proper understanding of whatever they read. The guidance of the Holy Spirit in understanding God’s Word is a promise directly from the mouth of Jesus. Prayer for that guidance lines up with God’s will to have us rightly divide (2nd Timothy 2:15) the scriptures.

The Holy Spirit is a wonderful teacher. Don’t leave Him out of your quiet time.

No comments: