This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Friday, June 02, 2006

RUN ON

… let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hebrews 12:1b-2

TODAY’S DEVO LINK

Youth for Christ - 06/02/06

The idea of running backwards is foreign to me. When I ran competitively, watching where you were at all times was an essential part of a successful race. OK, I get the increased calorie burn thing but I think I’d just run a little longer, running forward, to accomplish that goal.

We all have a “race marked out for us.”  The finish for us, as we keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, is to spend eternity with Him.

I think I’ll run forward in this life, focused on Jesus, so that in the next life I won’t have to step backwards from the flames.

No comments: