This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A RESOLUTION FOR IMPATIENCE

Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes. Stop your anger! Turn from your rage! Do not envy others—it only leads to harm. For the wicked will be destroyed, but those who trust in the LORD will possess the land… Don’t be impatient for the LORD to act! Travel steadily along his path. He will honor you, giving you the land. You will see the wicked destroyed.

Psalm 37:7-9, 34

TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK

My Utmost for His Highest - 08/01/06

Too often we think waiting patiently for the LORD means we should sit back and do nothing until heaven opens and some great revelation occurs. Sitting and doing nothing is what brings about impatience.

I have a co-worker who struggles with waiting in line just for a few moments. He quickly becomes impatient and gives up. If I did nothing waiting in line, I would have the same trouble. I always try to have something with me to work on … the latest novel I’m reading … some item from my to-do list … my Bible. You won’t become impatient if you plan ahead and fill your time with what has already been given you to do.

The psalm writer says, “Be still … Travel steadily…” We are to be still in our spirit so as not to miss the Lord’s moving and travel steadily along His path, the direction He has already given us in His Word.    

No comments: