This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

JUST LIKE I DO

Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

Matthew 6:11-12 (KJV)

TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK

Our Daily Bread - 08/09/06

You probably learned these verses as a young child and have often prayed them individually or recited them along with a group as ‘The Lord’s Prayer’ was read. They have become so familiar that we may miss what is being said. For that reason, let me quote them from a different translation than what is often memorized.

“Give us our food for today, and forgive us our sins, just as we have forgiven those who have sinned against us.”– Matthew 6:11-12 (NLT)

LORD, forgive me, just like I forgave my co-worker who messed over me.

LORD, forgive me, just like I forgave my abusive or alcoholic father.

LORD, forgive me, just like I forgave my spouse for his or her failure.

We ask our heavenly Father to forgive us after the pattern of our own forgiveness. “Forgive me, just like I do.” As you examine your own acts of forgiveness, are they the pattern of forgiveness you want from God?    

No comments: