This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Friday, August 11, 2006

SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS

You should also know this, Timothy, that in the last days there will be very difficult times. For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred. They will be unloving and unforgiving; they will slander others and have no self-control; they will be cruel and have no interest in what is good. They will betray their friends, be reckless, be puffed up with pride, and love pleasure rather than God. They will act as if they are religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly. You must stay away from people like that.

1st Timothy 3:1-5

TODAY’S DEVO LINK

Youth for Christ

Sometimes when I click on a certain devotion as input for the Gospel Pearl, it is scary how close it hits to home (TODAY”S DEVO LINK is an example of that). The devotional story will speak to what is going on in my personal life. You may have heard it said of the preacher’s sermon, “He stepped all over my toes today.” That happens to me all the time as I prepare these daily devotions. God uses them to address something with me and sometimes it hurts.

I have come to find out that the Gospel Pearls occasionally have that affect on others as well. My intention is not to step on your toes but if God uses the devotion in that way, to point out some area of your life in which He is not pleased, that’s good. I pray the hurt will draw you to God, not push you away.

No comments: