This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

HIS MOTHER'S MODEL

The angel replied, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the baby born to you will be holy, and he will be called the Son of God... Mary responded, “I am the Lord’s servant, and I am willing to accept whatever he wants. May everything you have said come true.” And then the angel left.

Luke 1:35, 38

TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK

My Utmost for His Highest - 08/08/06

When the angel announced to Mary that the Son of God would be born through her flesh, she responded, “…I am willing…”  

What has your response been to the Son of God being born into your flesh?

Are you saying every day, “LORD, I am willing!” In the small tasks of my routine life, I am willing to exhibit godly holiness. When I see someone in need, I willing respond out of the abundance God has supplied me. When the pastor announces the new program or a critical need in an existing one, is your response, “Here I am LORD, send me.”

Mary modeled this kind of willingness. How about you?

No comments: