This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

REJOICING OVER THE LITTLE THINGS

I know that you sincerely trust the Lord, for you have the faith of your mother, Eunice, and your grandmother, Lois. This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. So you must never be ashamed to tell others about our Lord. And don’t be ashamed of me, either, even though I’m in prison for Christ. With the strength God gives you, be ready to suffer with me for the proclamation of the Good News.

2nd Timothy 1:5-8

TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK

Our Daily Bread - 08/16/06

I can empathize with Anne from the Our Daily Bread devotion today. Those of us who are blessed to be able to care for aging parents must look for those little blessings. Anne found it in the prayers of her mother and in her mother sharing her faith with her care-givers. Last week I was blessed just hearing my Mom bless her food, without prompting, before she was fed. She may have forgotten many things but she still knows where her blessings come from.

Praise God!

No comments: