This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Friday, March 03, 2006

THE DOCTRINE OF SPIT

“I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish you were one or the other! But since you are like lukewarm water, I will spit you out of my mouth!
 
Revelation 3:15-16
 
If I were a major league baseball team manager, I would start a no spitting campaign. This is a very disgusting habit and a very bad example for youth. All tobacco chewing and dipping would be banned and fines (contributions to the American Cancer Society) would be levied for all spitting incidents. You’re probably thinking I wouldn’t be very popular or last long as a manager. That wouldn’t matter because that’s just how strongly I feel about the subject.
 
God expressed how strongly he felt about a lukewarm church. He is disgusted by a Christian who is neither hot not cold. The Christian who is sitting on the fence is doing nothing to build God’s kingdom … do nothing to serve others … do nothing which makes a difference in their own lives or the lives of those whose paths they cross. For them, there is the doctrine of spit. “I will spit you out of my mouth”, says the LORD.
 
Get off the fence! Get in the game! Get fired up for the LORD! Find your place and do something to advance the kingdom of God.

No comments: