This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

SECURELY IN GOD'S HAND

Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father’s name speak for me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.”

John 10:25-30

When you ‘finally believe’ (from yesterday’s Gospel Pearl) a miracle occurs. It’s not like the changing water to wine … the walking on water … the feeding the five thousand. The miracle is the wonderful change that takes place in you. You become one of the sheep and the LORD becomes your Shepherd (Psalm 23:1). The enemy (Satan) still wants to snatch you away from the flock but because you believe … because you have started to listen and learned the sound of His voice … because you have decided to follow the Shepherd … He say’s you are securely in His hand.

What a wonderful miracle it is to have no doubt about my future! My eternity is secure. ‘The LORD is my shepherd’ and ‘no one can snatch’ me out of His hand!

No comments: