This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A PREPARED PLACE

“Don’t be troubled. You trust God, now trust in me. There are many rooms in my Father’s home, and I am going to prepare a place for you. If this were not so, I would tell you plainly. When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you know where I am going and how to get there.”

John 14:1-4

And the angel showed me a pure river with the water of life, clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb, coursing down the center of the main street. On each side of the river grew a tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, with a fresh crop each month. The leaves were used for medicine to heal the nations.

No longer will anything be cursed. For the throne of God and of the Lamb will be there, and his servants will worship him. And they will see his face, and his name will be written on their foreheads. And there will be no night there—no need for lamps or sun—for the Lord God will shine on them. And they will reign forever and ever.

Revelation 22:1-5

TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK

Our Daily Bread - 09/06/06

More often, as the years begin to mount up, you have occasion to think about the place … heaven … that Jesus has gone to prepare for those who have placed their trust in him. For them, He has prepared a place. As the number of your family, loved ones, childhood friends, co-workers or acquaintances who make their transition to the great beyond grows, you think of heaven.

I wonder about the population of heaven. Will it be larger or smaller than I think? This makes me cringe because of those who have made their transition who I have failed to talk to about Jesus. This also fills me with joy because of those whose life here on earth leaves no question as to whom they have placed their faith.

May we be strong and courageous in sharing our faith in Jesus Christ with those who don’t know Him.    

No comments: