This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Friday, September 15, 2006

A STRONG TOWER

Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.

Psalm 61:1-4

TODAY’S DEVO LINK

Youth for Christ - 09/15/06

Before they build one of those hundred story skyscrapers, a deep foundation is dug. Many levels below ground, a support structure is established to anchor the massive tower that is visible above ground. Technically, I don’t know all that goes into building those foundations but the experts know they must go deep if they want to go up.

Are you going deep in the construction of your faith? The LORD is your strong tower. Are you working on your foundation in Him through prayer, Bible study, worship, Christian fellowship and service? All these will aid you to be eternally anchored to your strong tower … rooted and grounded in Jesus.

No comments: