This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Thursday, September 14, 2006

THIS IS NOT THE END

“Don’t be troubled. You trust God, now trust in me. There are many rooms in my Father’s home, and I am going to prepare a place for you. If this were not so, I would tell you plainly. When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you know where I am going and how to get there.”

John 14:1-4

TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK

InTouch Ministries - 09/14/06

We just looked at these verses a few days ago (A PREPARED PLACE). The great thing about God’s living Word is that you can get something new out of the same passage every time you read it. The Holy Spirit will take the same words, apply them to your present day circumstances and give you fresh insight. All you must do is approach the Word anticipating something fresh verses just skimming over the words because you have read or heard them so many times you take for granted what God is saying.

As you and I walk through life, the troubles of each day are not the end of it all. We should encounter each challenge with the insight that God has promised to see us through it (not get us out of it). As He walks with or carries us through our trails God is preparing us for our eternal home. This world is not our home. We are travelers on a journey toward that home Jesus has gone ahead to prepare for us. All the stuff we encounter here is only temporary. Remember, this is not the end.

In the words of the old Negro Spiritual: ‘I’ve gotta home up in the kingdom … Hallelu’.    

No comments: